A collaborative blog of fashion addicts, rambling about their latest fashion crazes and beauty tips.

Friday 6 August 2010

Beads and findings - Online Shopping review

Okay so this is so off topic, but I think it's kinda useful if anyone wants to embark on creating their own pieces of jewellry :) If you follow my youtube vids you might have noticed in the info bar at the bottom there is '*name of jewellry* - made myself' and those are the items I have handmade myself! Keep reading if your interested in where I buy all the stuff~

I've recently been creating my own jewellry after being inspired by DSKjewelry, and also to the fact that sometimes I'd look at a pair of earrings or something in shops. And think to myself 'If only I could change this bit' or 'it'd be so much cheaper if I made one myself'. So I did!

I've ordered from 3 websites recently (All UK based, because I can't be bothered waiting for postage lol):
www.the-beadshop.co.uk
www.mailorder-beads.co.uk
www.e-beads.co.uk

The Bead shop was the first website I bought off because I originally used to go to the shop directly before it closed. The prices are quite decent when it comes to buying chains or stringing materials and they have a reasonable selection of items. However if your looking for a specific item you might not find it on this website, and I don't think they stock items in request. Another con is that because it's quite a popular site they sell out of items quickly, but you can subscribe to be notified when they re-stock. They have excellent customer service as they reply to you within 48 hours if you e-mail them, I love a shop with good customer service because they can get back to your problems asap. Annndd they also have some very useful short tutorials on the website.

Mailorder beads are the best website to buy things in bulk or at a darn cheap price (the Swarovski crystal pearls), lovelove! :) They also have a large selection of items and it's easy to search and browse. I did have a problem with one of the items I ordered.... It's like they spilt ink on it or something, it can be cleaned though so I'm going to go at with a scrub lol.

Last but not least...
I ordered off this website because I was looking for a specific gold plated small heart bead.
Like this...The Stampings are so cute too! However for the lil gold hearts it's £1.13 for 4 which is pretty decent for gold plated beads, but the two in the pack that I received were deformed. Okay so it's in it's nature for beads to have a few bad apples. But it was unfortunate that I couldn't use them to make another set of friendship bracelets! One of the beads had a bit at the bottom missing, and the other had an uneven hole drilled which made threading leather string through it impossible =.='' I e-mailed them about this but they still haven't gotten back to me since 30th July lol xD So bad customer service, which makes me reluctant to buy from them again.... but their stuff is too cute @.@

Disclaimer: I have not been paid to review any of these websites and all items were bought with my own money, all opinions are 100%honest.

Hope you enjoyed this lil off topic-ness xD
More product reviews and August favourites comming up!

Edit: E-beads DID get back to me sometime soon after and sent me replacements free of charge straight away :)
And the Mailorder Swarovski filigrees were super labouring to clean because it was stretchy like rubber so I had to scrub really hard and pick it off =.=''

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...