A collaborative blog of fashion addicts, rambling about their latest fashion crazes and beauty tips.

Friday 20 August 2010

Body Scrub Reviews

My current obsession is with body scrubs!! It's pretty much the same as a facial scrub that you would use once a week to get rid of dead skin cells.. except that you use it all over, and it's not as gentle as a facial scrub (so I wouldn't recommend using it on your face!). So I'm embarking on a quest to find the best body scrub for myself :)

Above: empty Soap and Glory - Sugar Crush, £9 Below: Boots Botanics - Moisturising Sugar Scrub, £5.49

I used the Soap and Glory one first and woooow it left my skin feeling soooo smooth and soft! It wasn't sticky and it smells divine because of the sweet lime and almond oil in it. It says 'with smashed brown sugar, sweet lime, almond oil and macadamia grains' which I think most of it is mentioned in the ingredients list; so it is actually in it, and the rest is pretty much visible in the mix lol. I'm not too keen on eating almonds or macadamias but hell I'd use it as a body scrub anytime!! Haha~ Maybe people with nut allergies should avoid this though..
Anyways, it does contain oil in it like how a basic body scrub should have, but it if your using it in the shower like you should be (I use it in replace of my shower gel once a week) it should just wash right off so it's not uncomfortable at all. It does slightly lather so you can massage it easily into your skin, but the grains of stuff in it is pretty huge so personally I don't think it exfoliates very well. Also if you was to use it in the bath the huge grains of sugar and nuts will be left behind when you drain the tub so you gotta wash it down xD

Next is the current body scrub I'm using which is the Boots Botanics one. The first thing I noticed was the fine granules in it, and it's consistency is much more thicker. Kinda like a huge tub of lip balm, unlike the Soapy and Glory one which was like a gloopy paste of cake mix and oils (yummy). But the fine grains of sugar in it is something I like because you can feel it gently buffing away at your skin, I'd describe it as a nail file or sand paper haha! However I think that's the only thing I like about it aside form the fact that it's made of active plant extract. I don't like the feeling of it after you wash it off, because not only does it smell like soap.. it feels like a layer of soap on your skin afterwards! Now I know why it says 'Caution: Surfaces may become slippery after use.' And it recommends to use it in the bath, but it just makes the whole bath soapy and slippery. Frustrating!

So I won't be repurchasing Boots Botanics Moisturising Sugar Scrub because of the nightmare it causes, and I'd rather pay the extra £3.51 for a body scrub that not only smells nice and washes off without a hassle but leaves my skin much more smoother and moisturised!

Upcoming posts: Make your own body scrub! and more reviews on body scrubs~

1 comments:

Quest♥Jen said...

wow a body scrub :) i haven't heard of one before but that would be cool to try
looking forward to your upcoming posts about body scrubs hehe

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...